Quick Tomato Stew
Serves 1, however can be made in bulk for multiple portions.
- 2 oz whole grain pasta
- 1 serving of frozen meatballs thawed (I usually use vegetarian or vegan, however choose 1 serving of your preferred “ball”)
- 1 cup of prepared tomato soup
- 3 oz frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup canned, rinsed beans (any variety)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 oz cheese (I tend to use rice cheese)
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- If “ball” of choice is frozen, thaw according to package directions. I usually cook them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While pasta cooks, warm up the tomato soup until simmering.
- Add the spinach until thawed.
- Add the beans, soy sauce, cheese and red pepper flakes (if using) and continue to cook until heated thoroughly.
- Add cooked pasta, toss until combined.