- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLCE)
- College of Saint Elizabeth, Morristown, NJ: BS Food & Nutrition.
- Dietetic Internship: NY Presbyterian Hospital
- Union Institute & University: MA Lactation Consulting.
- American Dietetic Association
- NJ Dietetic Association
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
My name is Yvonne. I am a mother, a wife, a daughter, an aunt, manager/ chef/ maintenance crew at the Syto Manor, novice superhero of the planet, and a foodie. Oh yeah, I am also a registered dietitian.
Needless to say, like so many women that have come before me, I wear many hats. I have one of the best jobs on the planet. I get to be a stay at home mother and wife that happens to get paid to talk about food all day long. Many people are unsure what dietitians actually do when they are advised to see one. Contrary to popular belief, we are not in the business of taking food away. What a horrible business model that would be. Rather, we give food back to our patients arming them with the tools they need to live healthy in the real world. We provide survival skills to navigate in an ever changing world.
How do I summarize myself? At the end of the day, I am a plant pusher getting people to eat real food without judgement and guilt.