Thai Coconut Curry with Zucchini Noodles
When I buy zucchinis, I buy 4-5 at a time and use my “spiralizer” to make them into noodles. I usually use several cups immediately and pack the remainder into freezer safe containers, about 2-3 cups each. This recipe uses 1 container of my frozen zucchini spaghetti combined with whole wheat fettuccini. Serves 2. This recipe can totally be multiplied to make more servings.
- 2 oz dry whole wheat fettuccini noodles
- 3 cups of spiraled zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 oz shallots, chopped
- 3 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 ounce chopped scallions (optional)
- Prepared peanut sauce (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s directions. If your zucchini is frozen like mine, you can use the boiling water to thaw quickly before putting in the pasta.
2. In another pot (4 quart minimum) or large sauté pan, combine the water, carrots, shallots, mushrooms, and beans. Heat on medium for 10-15 minutes until vegetables have soften.
3. Toss in the curry paste and coconut milk stirring until combined and heat for another 5 minutes.
Toss in pasta and serve immediately topped with scallions and peanut sauce (if using).