Roast Pork Loin: Jersey Cuban Style
This is a recipe that usually goes over really well at most gatherings I serve it at. All I ask is that when you consume this (or really any meat for that matter), you consume it sparingly and paired with many, many, many plant based selections. Better yet, make sure to have a fiber filled smoothie that morning with loads of calorie burning activities in preparation. Heck do that the next day (and every day) after that.
- 1 pork loin, about 3-4 pounds
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed parley leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp organo (dried)
1. Cut pork loin in half and pierce flesh several times to create holes in the meat for the marinade to penetrate.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend for approximately 2 minutes until a thick liquid forms.
3. Combine loin and marinade in a dish deep so marinade covers both halves. Marinate for 12-24 hours.
4. Place in slow cooker for 8-10 hours on low (but check after 6-8).
5. Shred meat with 2 forks, add salt and/or pepper to taste, and allow to cook on low for another 20-30 minutes before serving.