Tex-Mex Soup Bowl
This is an easy, quick dish that can be used as a hearty soup for 2 people or a dip serving about 4 people. I usually make a vegan cheese sauce from another website (Brand New Vegan). When I make this cheese sauce, I freeze about half of it to use at a later date. Feel free to use 2 oz of shredded cheese instead.
- 3 oz sliced kale (stripped from the stalk, then sliced)
- 1 cup black beans (if using canned, make sure to rinse)
- 4-6 oz diced tomato (any variety)
- 3 oz chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup frozen sweet yellow corn
- 2 cups of vegetable broth or reconstituted bouillon
- 1 cup vegan cheese sauce of choice* (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart pot.
- Heat on high, covered, until boiling, (about 5 minutes).
- Uncover, decrease heat to medium and continue to heat for 10-15 minutes until broth has reduced.
- Serve alone, with guacamole, chipotle “cream” or any other accompaniment.
One thought on “Tex-Mex Soup Bowl”
This looks and sounds delicious and satisfying! I will be making