It has been too long since I posted, so I thought with summer gardens and farmer's markets in full swing I would take advantage. Basil growing all over the place? Pesto time!
- For those with walnut allergies, feel free to substitute with parmesan cheese.
- 2 cups basil leaves, rinsed and allowed to dry (if you have a salad spinner, use it)
- 1 tbsp garlic (about 4-6 cloves) or more (I use closer to 1/4 cup because, well, I love garlic)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup shallots
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until finely chopped.
- Drizzle in olive oil until combined.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours before using.