Buffalo Tofu Pasta
This is a super easy meal that is ready in about the same amount of time is takes to cook the pasta. I chose tofu, however I am sure any protein (e.g. chicken, wheat gluten etc.) you choose will go well in this dish. Serves 1 and easily multiplied
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 oz onion of choice (scallions or shallots work great), chopped
- 3 oz chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped tofu
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 oz whole wheat penne
- 1 oz cheddar style cheese (vegan or dairy based)
- 1-2 oz sour cream or mayo (vegan or dairy based), optional
- Cook penne according to package directions.
- Boil 1/2 cup of water in a separate pot until boiling.
- Add onions & celery and boil until reduced.
- Add tofu and buffalo sauce and heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, “cheese” and cream or mayo if using.
- Stir until combined.
- Serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Buffalo Tofu Pasta”
Who wouldn’t love that????
Looks so good I want to try!!