Mango Avocado Salad
It is that time of year again. Time for summer salads. Share often! I love making this recipe for parties because of all the bright and vibrant colors. It incorporates many of my favorite fruits and vegetables. It makes about 8 cups of dip. I usually save one cup to enjoy throughout the week. For example top 1/4 cup over a Veggie burger, have 1/4 cup over 1 slice wheat toast for breakfast or a snack, enjoy as a side dish, garnish over fish tacos, or use as a dip with tortilla chips, wheat crackers, rice chips, or a crusty sliced whole-wheat baguette.
Let me know if you make it at home.
- 2 mangos, cut into cubes
- 2 Haas avocados (if using organic Haas avocados you will need 4), cubed
- 1 medium sized red onion, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes (approximately 1/4 cup)
- Cilantro (1/2 cup packed), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt (1/4 – 1/2 tsp maximum) and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours prior to serving (however can be served immediately).
- Serve with sturdy tortilla chips, wheat crackers, crusty bread or toast.
2 thoughts on “Mango Avocado Salad”
Wonderful summer salad! Visually appealing with all of its vibrant colors and delicious because of its contrasting flavors. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
This is my favorite